Enter: potato salad.
- potatoes are delicious;
- almost everybody loves them; and
- there are practically endless ways to dress it up in a salad!
If you're like me, and you love the taste of dill, then this is the potato salad for you! Baby new potatoes really make this salad something special; but if you don't have them on hand, Russet or Idaho would work in a pinch. The peas give it a sweet crunch, and the dill brightens everything up!
Kid-tested and mother-approvedMeat-eater tested and vegan approved, this salad will leave everyone satisfied!
Dill Potato and Pea Salad
8 medium (red) New Potatoes, cubed, boiled, and drained
can of green peas, drained and rinsed (or frozen)
4 scallions, diced
1/4C veganaise (or mayonnaise)
1/2T apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dried dill weed
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- While the cubed potatoes are boiling, place the peas and scallions into a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the veganaise, apple cider vinegar, lemonjuice, water, dried dill week, salt, and pepper until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once the potatoes are fork-tender, drain them.
- Toss the potatoes into the salad bowl with the peas and scallions.
- Pour over the dressing,
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Serve alongside your favorite summer "fixins"!
If you still haven't had enough potato salad, feel free to check out my other two recipes:
Next time - musings on "things that make me - and YOU - feel pretty"!
Question of the Day:
What is your favorite variation of potato salad? Feel free to share it with me in the "Comment" section below!
Ally and Bo