July 25, 2012

Tahini, Molasses, and Honey Snack Bread

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore

Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you 


OK, so I'm kind of in love with this Middle Eastern snack.  In fact, I might have eaten it at least once a day for the last four days straight...

...and force fed it to my husband (he ended up really liking it)...

...and am already planning the next time I can eat it...

...yes...

...you're right...

...I might have a problem.

But just look at that delicious, drippy goodness.  Honestly, how could you say no?!  So, what exactly IS this snack I keep showing you salivating pictures of?!  


Well...
This traditional Turkish dish of tahini and molasses is great to eat on cold winter days.  It gives energy and is very filling.  My mother used to say to me, "if you have it every morning you will never feel the cold."  Tahini does not have any cholesterol, contains B vitamins, and significant amounts of protein.  Molasses is a good source of energy and carbohydrates because of its high sugar content.  It is ideal for daily doses of calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.  Plus, it contains lots of minerals. (Source)


Tahini, Molasses, and Honey Snack Bread
Serves 1

1/2 English Muffin (or bread of choice)
1/2T tahini
1/2tsp blackstrap molasses
1/2tsp honey

Directions:
  • Toast the English Muffin to your liking.
  • Meanwhile, whisk together the molasses and honey with a fork.
  • Once the bread is toasted, add a thin layer of tahini to the bread.
  • Drizzle the molasses/honey mixture over the tahini.
  • Eat immediately while the bread is still warm and the toppings are ooey, gooey, and delicious!


While doing my search for nutritional information on tahini and molasses I ran across this recipe for Molasses with Tahini Soft-Serve.  Seriously, now I can eat this combination in ice cream form?!  Tonight's dessert can't come fast enough!

Question of the Day:


What are some of your favorite, quick, and healthy snacks?!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment