I realize that I sound a little mopey in the post's introduction, but I assure you that this post isn't an Ally pity-party! Actually, this post is about something that always makes me feel better: hot chocolate.
Last night, while coloring and watching a Twilight movie marathon (thanks for letting me borrow your DVD's Colbi!), my throat was crying out for something warm and soothing. But I have had so much hot tea since Thursday that I couldn't bear to think about another mug-full of the stuff. Instead, I decided to whip up some hot chocolate, but not just any ol' hot chocolate, this recipe has cinnamon and double the chocolate, and therefore...double the comfort factor!
Cinnamon Double (Hot) Chocolate
1 T Ghirardelli cocoa (trust me, quality cocoa makes a huge difference!)
1 T brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C Almond Breeze Chocolate - unsweetened
1 T maple syrup
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, and 3 T of chocolate milk to your mug, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining milk and microwave for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and maple syrup, and whisk together.
- Microwave an additional 1 - 1 1/4 minutes.
- Enjoy! (coloring and Twilight movies optional)
Up next - a post about Bo and I expanding our family (and no, I'm not pregnant or planning on getting pregnant any time soon)!
Question of the Day:
Hot chocolate vs. hot tea vs. coffee: which one wins in your opinion?!
Ally and Bo