HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Can you believe it's already 2012?! Where did 2011 go?
I know that for some of you 2011 might not have been the blue ribbon year that you had hoped it would be, but for me, it was one of my best year's yet! In fact, I had so many wonderful things happen in my life during the past year that I don't feel like I can adequately embrace 2012 until I take a few moments to focus on all those blessings.
That's what this post is all about! Before stating my resolution for 2012, I would like to review some of the great things about 2011. So what are we waiting for? Let's get started!
Top 11 Things About 2011
- I saw my best friend, Liza, and my cousin, John Mark, get married (Not to one another silly! In separate weddings!).
|Liza and Brian's Wedding Party|
|John Mark and Hillary's Rehearsal Dinner|
- I started this blog (a dream that I had had for a year or more!).
- I lived in three different cities and states this year: Santa Fe, Mexico; Enid, Oklahoma; and Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Bo and I went to Alabama, my home state, for the Christmas holiday.
- I made great new friends...and deepened my relationship with old ones.
- I improved my cooking skills!
- Note: As evidence, check out the ABC blog's Recipage here: http://www.recipage.com/allyandbochronicles/
- I completed my second consecutive year of remission from ED.
- I received my 200 hr. RYT certification from Satchidinanda Ashram-Yogaville in "Integral Yoga Hatha Asanas & Pranayama: Beginning Level".
- Note: I am a Yoga Alliance certified teacher.
- I married the love of my life, Bo Behne!
Now that I have taken the time to express appreciation for some of the great things from 2011, I am ready to state my resolution for 2012. Here goes nothing!
New Year's Resolution 2012: I will travel outside of the United States!
Notice that I said "will travel" as opposed to "would like to travel," because I believe in the power of positive words and positive thinking!
Here's hoping for the best of 2012 for each and every one of you!
Up next- a breakfast recipe made famous by a sweet family friend, Senora Lulu Rodriguez from Guanajuato, Mexico!
Question of the Day:
What is your New Year's Resolution?!
Ally and Bo