January 31, 2012

Maple-Cinnamon Peanut Butter Dip and Eating Green

Today I am going to share one of my most frequently made and eaten recipes with you!  For those of you that haven't already figured it out here and here, I love peanut butter (could I possibly put any more links into a single sentence?!)!  In fact, I probably eat peanut butter in some form or another 4-5 times a week: mixed into oatmeal, spread on fruit, spread on toast, added to a smoothie, whirled into homemade soft-serve, etc, etc. etc.

Taking peanut butter to the next level, this dip is creamy, spreadable, and slightly sweet - perfect for smearing on fruit or your choice of dunker!


Maple-Cinnamon Peanut Butter Dip
Serves 1-2

2 (heaping) T PB2*
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 T plain yogurt (I used Whole Soy)
1/4-1/2 T maple syrup


Directions:

  • Add PB2 and cinnamon to a small bowl.


  • Pour in the yogurt and maple syrup.
  • Mix until fully combined.
  • Serve with your choice of "dippers"!


*Note:  You could probably use creamy PB in place of the PB2 in this recipe.  However, I would not suggest crunchy nut butter because I do not think that it would mix well.  Regardless, because I have not tried this dip with regular PB, I cannot vouch for the result.

Other than this peanut butter dip, I spent much of the remainder of my weekend-mealtimes eating greens.  I would dare to say that there is not a green food that I can think of that I don't enjoy devouring!

On Saturday I made a batch of Spabettie's Spinach Pancakes.  I ended up eating them for lunch both Saturday and Sunday.  Specifically:

  • on Saturday I smeared homemade Roasted Garlic and Paprika Hummus on top, and topped it with sliced tomatoes; and
  • on Sunday I melted Daiya cheese on top!

YUMM-O!


On Sunday evening, I made Oh She Glows 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta.  However, I did have to make a few alterations to her recipe, based off what I had on-hand:

  • instead of 1/2 lemon juiced, I used 2 T lime juice;
  • instead of 1/4 C fresh basil, I used 1/4-1/2 C cilantro;
  • instead of 2 T EVOO, I used 2 T sunflower oil; and
  • I added two diced red bell peppers. 

I have made the original recipe previously, and I have to say that I prefer this version.  Next time I might alter the recipe even more, and if I do, I will make sure to share it with you!


Next time - a post about "Life in the Navy" thus far!


Question of the Day:

(1) Do you like peanut butter?  If so, how do you prefer to eat it?
(2) Do you enjoy eating your greens (i.e. spinach, asparagus, green beans, peas, avocado, etc.)?!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment