October 18, 2012

Cranberry Citrus Muffins

"Bo and I can't seem to get enough of the Cranberry Orange Bread that I made...This bread has an incredibly delicious muffin-like texture that [we] loved!  We have eaten this bread simply with butter, crumbled it over yogurt, crumbled it over ice cream, and now used it as a topping for a smoothie.  In fact, I can't wait to go to the grocery store this weekend to buy several more bags of cranberries just so that I can bake another loaf."

So, that's exactly what I did.


Except this time, instead of making a loaf of bread, I was inspired by the "muffin-like texture" to actually make, well, muffins!  
And just let me tell you, these muffins are D.I.V.I.N.E.!  
As in, without a doubt, worthy-of-being-sold-in-any-of-the-world's-best-bakeries, DIVINE!


In order to make the muffin recipe work, I had to tweak my inspiration-recipe even more so than last time.  The end result is worthy of being called a recipe all its own.  So, without any further ado, here ya go!

Cranberry Citrus Muffins
Serves 12

2C organic all-purpose flour
3/4C sugar
2 stevia packets
1 3/4tsp baking powder
1tsp (scant) salt
1/2tsp baking soda
3/4C orange juice, with pulp (if possible)
zest of one lemon
1T vegetable oil
1T applesauce
1 egg
1 bag of frozen cranberries, left whole

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Sift together dry ingredients (minus lemon zest and cranberries).
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (minus lemon zest and cranberries).
  • Fold in the lemon zest and cranberries.
  • Fill nonstick-sprayed muffin liners to the top with batter.
  • Bake for 40 minutes, checking at 30 minutes, and again at 35 minutes, to ensure that the muffins don't burn.
    • Note: My oven bakes notoriously slow.  Therefore, if you have a fast-baking oven, 30-35 minutes might suffice.  Remember, however, that this batter is dense, and will take more time than some other muffin recipes to bake through.
  • Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a cooling rack.
  • Once fully cooled, muffins can be frozen for up to three months.


Aren't these muffins beautiful?! 

I wish my mom lived closer because I would bake a batch specifically for her.  She loves cranberry orange muffins, and I KNOW that she would love these!

Oh well, I guess that leaves more for Bo and I...hehehe. :)


...by the way, is it considered lunch if I just eat two Cranberry Citrus Muffins?...

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite kind of muffin?  Blueberry?  Chocolate Chip?  Cranberry Orange?  Bran?  Lemon Poppyseed?  Truly, the options are practically endless!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment