May 9, 2012

Not Your Average Green Salad

Kermit the frog understood both the difficulty and the importance of being green.  In fact, he was famous for singing a song all about it(!):


It's not that easy being green,
having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold,
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things;
and people tend to pass you over
'cause you're not standing out
like flashy sparkles in the water,
or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of spring;
and green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like a mountain,
or important like a river,
or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be,
it could make you wonder why.
But why wonder, why wonder?
I am green, and it'll do fine.
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.


Ok, seriously?!  
How cute are these pictures of Kermit practicing yoga?!  


I simply couldn't resist incorporating them into the post too!


Well, I, too, think green is G.R.E.A.T. - in fact it is my favorite color - and green foods are even better!

Don't believe me?!  
Just check out these two posts (here and here) for more of my green recipe extravaganza!

Last night, in honor of my favorite color, I decided to create a delicious salad using only green ingredients (except for a few of the dressing components, that is).  It turned out really well, better than expected in fact, so I knew that I had to pop in this morning to share it with you all!


Not Your Average Green Salad
Serves 2

3 large handfuls of spinach, torn
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, diced and sauteed
1 avocado, diced
1 heaping T veganaise
1 scant T Dijon mustard
1 T lime-juice
1 1/2 T water
1/2 scant tsp dried dill weed
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Directions:
  • In a large salad bowl, mix together the spinach, scallions, and sauteed green bell pepper.
  • In a small bottle or mixing bowl, shake/whisk together the veganaise, Dijon mustard, lime-juice, water, dill, salt, and pepper.
  • Pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix to incorporate.
  • Add the diced avocado and gently stir.
  • Add more dressing, if necessary, until desired consistency is reached.
  • Enjoy immediately!

Next time - all about my day at The Player's Championship golf tournament and Outfit #4!


(Yes, even though I know practically NOTHING about golf, I am going to one of the major PGA tournaments.  I was given a chance to go with my business partner for free...do you blame me?!)

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite green food (and don't say green eggs and ham...they don't exist!)?

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment