February 18, 2012

Packing

Yesterday, we started packing up the house.  

Although I always embrace moving to a new city, and look forward to the new adventures that await us there, I have never enjoyed packing.  

For those of you that know me relatively well, you have probably picked up on the fact that I am a neat and well-organized person.  If you have ever visited my home, you know that everything has its place...and is almost always to be found in that place.  Keeping things organized provides me with a sense of peace.

Note:  I openly acknowledge that my need for organization can cross over into the obsessive-compulsive realm at times.  However, Bo is helping me to relax a little in this area.  I still think a straight house is something to be proud of, but as yoga and Bo continue to teach me, everything needs balance...

Currently, I am practicing the yogic quality of non-attachment...otherwise I might go a little crazy, because my house looks like this:

A messy guest bedroom.


A bare guest bathroom.


Boxes on the coffee table...and a book-less bookcase.


We eat dinner where, again?!


Photos, pictures, and paintings stacked on the floor...


...which, inevitably, results in bare walls.


Empty hangers...


...and half-filled closets.


Before we know it, we will be loading up the Penske truck and hitting the road to Jacksonville!  This move is definitely bittersweet, but since we aren't officially saying "Goodbye!" yet, I will wait to elaborate on that in another post...so stay tuned!

As for the move, it can't be that bittersweet when you have this sweetie waiting for you on the other end of the journey...right?!  Our Lola is such a beauty.


Question of the Day:

How many times have you moved in your life?  
What is your favorite part about moving?  
What is your least favorite part about moving?

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

4 comments:

  1. I had never moved in my life until after college - and in the past 2.5 years I have moved 6 times! My favorite part about moving is getting rid of things I don't need (something I am itching to do this week), but my least least favorite part is definitely packing! I am a bit of a tidy freak, too, and I am not a fan of putting things into boxes because they inevitably get mixed up during the move. I admit that I still have things in my old apartment, which I am very slowly moving over to my new place.

    I wish you and Bo the best of luck during your move to Jax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get to visit you in your new place sometime soon! This week is going to be crazy...we are in the home-stretch of our move. Things are everywhere, but I am trying to practice my pranayama and meditation. Home is where the heart is, right?! :)

      Delete
  2. I HATE moving.!! And hope I never have to again. It's unsetteling...BUT also exciting...looking for that just right special place and envisioning where everything's 'home' should be... Hope ya'll had A GREAT cruise. Can't wait to hear about it. and can't wait to see you in Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, I can't imagine you moving again...you have so much stuff and it is all in its perfect place in your current home. If you do end up moving, I hope that I am in a place where I can come help!

      I hope to see you soon in JAX!

      Delete