Do you frequently enjoy an apple smeared with peanut butter as an afternoon snack? Why, might I ask, do you feel as though you must wait until the afternoon to enjoy that perfect marriage of flavors?
You can have your apple and peanut butter, and eat it too...
...for breakfast, that is!
Creamy and slightly salty, this oatmeal will leave you feeling full for up to five hours! This recipe is perfect for those busy days when you know you might not be eating lunch until late into the afternoon. For an extra crunch, feel free to toss a small handful of crushed peanuts on top!Apple and Peanut Butter Oatmeal
1/2 C oats
pinch of salt
2 stevia packets
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 heaping T PB2
2 C water
1/4 C almond milk
- Place the oats, salt, stevia, cinnamon, PB2, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into a medium Tupperware container, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add in the almond milk and stir to incorporate.
- Meanwhile, microwave the diced apple for one minute.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, place half the apple in each bowl, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cold, depending upon your preference.
Later today, or tomorrow, Bo and I are going to start packing up the house for our big move to Jacksonville. Everything is happening so quickly...EEK!
...oh, and we have that little thing called a cruise to pack for as well...
...I guess I better get going...
...talk to you soon!
Question of the Day:
Apple & PB?
Banana & PB?
PB & J?
Which is your favorite?!
Ally and Bo