Not two night ago.
Light and Lemon-y Pasta
2 campari tomatoes, diced
2 handfuls of spinach, torn
zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2C uncooked pasta
1/2 lemon (squeezed to remove juice)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 avocado, diced
- Add the diced tomatoes, torn spinach, and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the lemon juice and EVOO.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then immediately add it to the tomato/spinach/lemon zest mixture. Toss together.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, and then pour the lemon juice and EVOO dressing on top.
- Toss to incorporate and melt the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with avocado chunks, and serve quickly (before the avocado turn brown).
Oh hi Lola!
(Thanks for poppin' in!)
You can always count on Lola to be close by whenever food is involved...surprisingly, she loves ALL food (i.e. not just meat and peanut butter). Even if I am cooking a vegan/vegetarian dish, she is directly under-foot and intently interested (and hopeful that I might drop a mouthful - or two)!
I captured the perfect lighting in the picture below (probably my favorite out of the bunch). You can really see all of the dish's colors in this one:
- red from the tomatoes;
- green from the spinach and avocado;
- brown from the pasta;
- yellow from the lemon zest; and
- flecks of white from the Parmesan cheese.
As a TOTAL tangent:
Look at how much my hair is growing!
Remember when is was THIS short?!
(That was last Thanksgiving...less than a year ago!)
Now it is just above my shoulders, and I can almost pull it into a full ponytail.
Question of the Day:
What's your favorite pasta shape? Macaroni? Penne? Spaghetti? Lasagna? Shell? Orzo?
Personally, I like shells and penne because they capture lots of yummy sauce inside! :)
Ally and Bo