December 2, 2011

Cinnamon-Infused Chocolate Pudding

First, I should apologize for being MIA these past couple of days.

I'm sorry.

Usually I post pretty regularly throughout the week, but this week a couple of unforeseen developments arose that got in the way of my blogging time.  But enough of that.  Who cares about all that when there are delicious recipes to be shared?! What's important is that I'm back. :)

Some of you may remember my pumpkin recipe extravaganze from early November.  In that post, I gave you several recipes utilizing the YUMM-O ingredient called pumpkin.  Among my favorites was the Pumpkin Spice Pudding.

If you've tried that recipe and loved it, then kudos to you!  If you haven't - perhaps because you don't like pumpkin - then I have a couple of questions for you:

  1. How on earth could you not like pumpkin?!
  2. Do you like chocolate?!
I am fully aware that these two questions seems completely unrelated, but trust me on this one, there is a connection. 

And the connection is...


Cinnamon-Infused Chocolate Pudding
Serves 2

1 box Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu
2 T cocoa (I used Ghirardelli)
4 stevia packets
2 T tightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
2 T lite coconut milk (or other milk)


Directions:

    1. Place all ingredients in your food processor.
    2. Process until smooth.
    3. Serve.


IMPORTANT:  You must use silken tofu for this recipe!

If you use the other kind of tofu (block, sitting in water) you will have an ooey, gooey, slimy mess!  The total opposite of YUMM-O! BLECK!

For those of you that aren't tofu veterans like me, don't let the fear of the unknown scare you!  This pudding is sweet and creamy, and you can't tell it has tofu in it at. all.  I guarantee you that this pudding could fool even the most ardent tofu-hater.   Silken tofu is your friend!

I ate this pudding for dessert one evening, and topped it off with coconut whipped cream, carob chips, and sprinkled cinnamon.  I also sipped on a mug of Silk Mint Chocolate Hmmm, hmmmmm, good!


This pudding is everything you could want in a dessert.  Smooth, creamy, decadant, sweet, and yet healthy too!  It is so good, in fact, that Bo has even asked me to remake this pudding twice: SCORE!

I have a feeling that this recipe is going to be in our dessert rotation for quite a while...

Question of the Day:

How would you dress up your pudding to make it into the perfect dessert?

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

2 comments:

  1. And I just figured out what to do with the Silken Tofu in my fridge...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silken tofu has been a revelation to me! I LOVE it! I recently discovered that I can also use it to make a creamy aflredo-type sauce...recipe coming in the near future... :)

    ReplyDelete