HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVE!
My Thanksgiving holiday has officially begun, and Bo's will begin in just a couple of hours! I am really looking forward to watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade tomorrow morning, enjoying the company of friends and one another while eating delicious and healthy food, and creating our first memories of Thanksgiving as a married couple. It is going to be an amazing holiday!
Although I plan to share my Thanksgiving dessert recipe with you later this week (pumpkin + chocolate + pecan = delicious!):
...today's post doesn't have a new recipe...
...it doesn't have any yoga instruction...
...and it doesn't share a new ABC adventure.
Today's post is all about practicing conscious and purposeful thankfulness.
Since I am 27 years old, I figured it would only make sense to list 27 things for which I am thankful. Some are serious, some are funny, but I am truly thankful for each one.
Thanksgiving Thankfulness Exercise, 2011:
- I am thankful for my yoga practice.
- I am thankful for no car payments.
- I am thankful for my fellow Navy wives...which become more like family with each passing day.
- I am thankful that, for the first time in eight years, I can say "I'll be home for Christmas."
- I am thankful that I am a full-time yoga teacher = stress free career!
- I am thankful (for now) for my pixie haircut: fast and easy!
- I am thankful for a healthy, strong body...even though sometimes it still frustrates me.
- I am thankful for my dedicated yoga students because they inspire me every day.
- I am thankful for captivating books.
- I am thankful for my husband. There aren't enough words...
- I am thankful for my stocked pantry (no vegan chef could live without one!).
- I am thankful for our furniture (when we got married, we had a 46" TV, and nothing else!).
- I am thankful for jeans that fit.
- I am thankful for shoes and yoga pants that always fit (hahaha!).
- I am thankful for my relationship with my grandparents, deceased and alive.
- I am thankful for Satchidinanda Ashram-Yogaville.
- I am thankful that my husband has finally agreed to get a puppy this spring!
- I am thankful for holistic medicine.
- I am thankful for football traditions.
- I am thankful for unexpected packages.
- I am thankful that we will always live near the ocean.
- I am thankful for seasonal produce.
- I am thankful for soft sheets.
- I am thankful for dozens of crayon and marker colors.
- I am thankful for pashminas.
- I am thankful for friendships that continue to survive long-distances apart.
- BONUS: I am thankful for my family!
Next Time: A post about our Thanksgiving Day celebrations!
Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday?
Ally and Bo