November 6, 2011

Roll Tide Roll

Last night, the Alabama Crimson Tide and LSU Tigers played football.  It was an intense game that showcased the spectacular defense of both teams.



Sadly, Alabama lost in overtime...by a field goal.

But, this post isn't about reliving the sadness of defeat.

This post is about celebrating an amazing team and an even more amazing heritage!

Being raised in Alabama, it's impossible to escape the influence of football.  Football is everywhere: in malls, on cars, in boardroom meetings, in grocery stores, and on chruch pulpits.  Football is an integral, inescapable, indelible part of the Southern way of life.  I am who I am, at least in some part, due to football, and in particular, Alabama football.


I have memories of going to countless home games with my father as a little girl.  I remember asking my dad, with pleading eyes, if Alabama was going to win.  And I remember my tough, bear-like father crying when they lost.

Football in the south isn't for the faint of heart. 

With that said, let's switch gears and focus on what Bo and I did last night for the big game.  We hosted a party!

Dining Room Table Centerpiece

We invited over three of our closest couple-friend's, ate, drank, and made merry!


Isn't Everett just the cutest?! He is a frequent guest-star in my posts :)  Here he is with his momma:


And with Bo:

He's going to make a great daddy one day!

Bo and I also got all decked out in out Crimson Tide gear (thanks Dad and Deb)!


Here are a couple of close-up shots!



We ate lots of yummy food too!

  • I made
    • Green Chile Stew served over brown rice (with ground turkey on the side); and
    • Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins;
  • Danielle made;
    • Spinach and Cranberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing (and blue cheese on the side);
  • Stephanie brought;
    • Libations (!); and
  • Bethany made;
    • Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of most of it.  I was just too into the game!  However, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Stephanie during half-time, so I was able to capture a few pictures of the cake with the belated-birthday girl!


And a close up of Bethany's yummylicious creation:


In the end, I was blessed and thankful to have wonderful friends surrounding me last night.  They all stayed until the bitter-end of the game, and were all sad to see my team fall short of victory...THIS TIME!

In spite of last night's loss, I love my Crimson Tide more than ever

They are a team worth loving. 

They will rise to play again another day. 

And, I have no doubt, the gleam of championship rings is abundant in their future.

Roll Tide Roll!

Question of the Day:

What does being a "true fan" mean to you?

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

2 comments:

  1. Awww my little guest star! ;) It was such a fun night, despite the loss! Thanks again for the wonderful evening!!! You are such a wonderful hostess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Bethany! The loss was a little bittersweet for me, but friends made it bearable! As for hosting, I guess my love of it signs through. I love havings friends and family in our home :)

    ReplyDelete