June 11, 2012

Lola Update

Our little Lola girl isn't so little any more!  

At the ripe young age of 5 months and 3 days, she weighs over 40 pounds and is more energetic and mischievous than ever!  These days, some of Lola's favorite things include:

  • eating;
  • retrieving ANYTHING that is thrown;
  • digging (much to Mommy and Daddy's chagrin);
  • eating;
  • licking Daddy's feet and legs (we guess she likes his sweat?!);
  • napping (morning, noon, and night);
  • did I mention EATING(?!); and
  • visiting the dog park for a swim!

Bo and I can hardly believe that, in such a short amount of time, she has grown from this:


To this:


When I look at those pictures it doesn't even seem like that is the same dog!  But, in reality, she actually looks much the same.  Her eyes, her face, and her overall personality are the exact same as the day that we got her.  She has even retained that undeniable, sweet "puppy smell" that Bo and I love!

More than ever, Bo and I are loving puppy parenthood.  Now that Lola is fully crate-trained (a feat that, at one point, we weren't sure we would accomplish), she is really a joy to have.  She sleeps from 10:00PM - 7:00AM without interruptions, she only chews on her toys, she hasn't had an accident in the house in months, she is a true snuggle-bunny, and she gives us both unconditional love at its best!

I can't speak for Bo, but personally, I can't really remember what it was like without her.  I know that when Bo and I first got married we felt "complete."  But looking back, I realize that buying Lola was like bringing a missing piece of the puzzle into our family.  She has made us even more "complete" than we could have imagined.  My guess is that when we decide to have children we will feel much the same.  For now, though, Lola is enough!  She is keeping us on our toes and teaching us important lessons of parenthood - for puppies and babies alike!

I don't know why, but in almost all of the pictures that I take of Lola her ears are all droopy and she looks a little afraid.

Maybe she is afraid of the camera?!  
Strange...

In reality, she is one of the least skidish and timid dogs that I have ever met.  She will happily say "Hello!" to anyone, any animal, or anything that interests her!


Just look at that sweet profile!


She also loves to join me in the kitchen while I am cooking (Actually, I think she just likes the smell of all the food.)!  Regardless, I am always happy to have her join me.  The only thing that drive me a little crazy is that she likes to plant herself right underneath my feet!  If I am washing dishes, she has to lay on the kitchen mat right below the sink.  If I am cooking, she lays right behind me on the floor.  Needless to say, I have almost tripped a number of times (thankfully, I have been able to catch myself each time).


Looking bashful...but don't let her fool you...she isn't bashful in the least!


One of Lola's new favorite spots in the house is right in front of our patio door.  I think she likes to lay in the sun (without having the direct heat of being in the humid outdoors).  If she isn't in her crate - or with one of us - there is about a 100% chance that she can be found here.

Obviously, in this picture, she is a little annoyed with me for waking her up from her snooze-fest.  She can be such a lazy girl sometimes!


Tomorrow - my tweaked version of this Giada de Laurentis recipe...let's just say that Bo and I both agree that my version is even better than the original!

Question of the Day:


Do you have any tips for taking a road-trip with  a puppy that we should know about before we hit the road on Friday?!  If so, please share in the "Comments" below!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment