June 8, 2012

Beet, Avocado, and Blackberry Salad

What did you say?!

Come again?

Really?!

You don't like beets?!

Well, if that is the case, let me ask a favor of you. 

Can you keep an open mind just for today's post and give me the change to change your mind with this?!


You say you don't like beets, BUT...

Do you like fresh, summertime blackberries?!

How about locally grown, smooth-tasting avocado?!
(P.S. Dad, I know you're a lost cause on this one)

If you said "yes" to either one of these questions then please, pretty please, give this gorgeous salad a try!
(P.P.S. Mom, I bet you would REALLY love this salad!)


Beet, Avocado, and Blackberry Salad
Serves 2-4

2 large beets, boiled, peeled, and diced
3/4 C blackberries, sliced in half
1 avocado, diced
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 packet stevia (or 1 tsp sugar)
2 1/2 T EVOO
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 tsp lemon-juice

Directions:
  • Combine the beets, blackberries, avocado, and romaine in a large salad bowl.
  • Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and stevia over the salad mixture.
  • Whisk together the EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and lemon-juice.
  • Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients.
  • Toss to coat.
  • Serve immediately so that the avocado does not brown.

There's not much else for me to say about today's recipe.  It's just. that. good.  Honestly, I don't even want to waste my time typing out a more lengthy post because it is almost lunch time and I hear leftover Beet, Avocado, and Blackberry Salad calling my name ("...Ally...come eat me...").

Ok, I'm outta here...catch ya' later this weekend with another post!

Question of the Day:


From my personal experience, beets seem to be quite the polarizing food: Do you love 'em or hate 'em?!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment