March 24, 2012

Yoga Life Studio: I'm A Business Partner!

For the past couple of weeks I have been hinting that I might have some big and exciting news to share with all of you.  With a lot of patience and prayer, I have kept my mouth shut and my keyboard still until the news was official.  But yesterday, when I signed the contract, things became official; and I am overjoyed to tell you that:

I am the Business Partner and Co-Director of Yoga Life Studio in Jacksonville, FL!


Yoga Life Studio offers a wide variety of yoga classes including Power Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yogilates, Restorative Yoga, Integral Yoga, and private lessons.  As explained on the website:

[Yoga Life's] goal is to bring our students the best yoga experience possible through high quality teaching, hands-on adjustments, and a peaceful environment to enhance each students experience.  We believe yoga can significantly help you restore balance to your body, mind, and soul.


In my new-found role at Yoga Life (YL), I will be the "hands and feet" of the studio.  In addition to both serving as teachers at the studio, the original owner, Sara, and I will continue to collaborate on big studio decisions.  We will both the the "heart and mind" of the studio, while I will be responsible for most of the leg-work.  My management duties include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • management of staff;
  • maintaining a clean and organized space;
  • ordering retail products and office supplies;
  • managing email and in-coming calls to the studio;
  • providing and arranging on-going workshops and trainings;
  • organizing community events;
  • maintaining the business' image;
  • inputting all student information;
  • writing and distributing the monthly newsletter; and
  • making management decisions.

I could not be more excited about this amazing opportunity!  I feel so blessed that God has put me in this place to serve.  Not only will I be able to continue teaching yoga both at Yoga Life Studio as well as another local yoga center, but now I will also be putting to use my organizational and management skills.  I could never have known to pray for such a blessing, but I feel immensely humbled that I have arrived at the right place, and at the right time.

Providential timing.

Truly, I have my dream family, dream puppy, and dream job...perhaps I should pinch myself?!  



Keep striving for the life of your dreams.  I am evidence that it is possible to achieve!  After all, Eleanor Roosevelt was right, "the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Next up - a bowl of green oatmeal that will make you want to jump out of bed and welcome springtime (trust me on this one, it's YUMM-O)!

Question of the Day:

What is the most exciting job offer or promotion YOU have ever received?!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment