March 11, 2012

Mini-House Tour: Curtains

Today is Sunday, so the majority of my day will be spent in church, with friends and family, and preparing for the week ahead.  Regardless, I wanted to stop in to the blog this morning and share a short post with you all about our new curtains!

For those of you that have talked "home" with me, you know that I have wanted curtains for some time now.  However, when you're in the military and have been moving practically every six months to a new state (and therefore a new home...with new window sizes), it hasn't made much sense to purchase curtains.  In all actuality, I'm not sure that it makes a ton of sense now, since we don't know exactly how long we will be in Jacksonville.  Regardless,  I couldn't stand to wait any longer.

So yesterday, in the spirit of smart spending, Bo and I headed to Ross to check out their curtain selection.  We were both pleasantly surprised by the variety...not to mention the prices!  In the end, we were able to find curtains for our:

  • dining area;
  • living room; and
  • bedroom.

We also re-purposed the curtains that were previously in the living room by placing them in the guest bedroom.  Now almost every room in the house has curtains (except for the office/yoga room).  Not bad for less than $75.00!

Here is a shot of the dining area, which is located right off of the living room.  The green coordinates with the living room curtains on the opposite end of the room (see below), and also complements the brown wood of the dining room furniture and art.



Since we don't have a headboard, we bought a curtain and hung it over our bed in the master bedroom.  I was hoping that the curtain would bring height to the room, while also establishing more of a presence for the bed.  I think I accomplished that goal...

Also, you can't see the bedroom rug in this picture, but it has the same burgundy running throughout.  And although I love our crisp, white bedding, I look forward to owning our own home so that we can paint the walls something other than white...YAWN!


I wasn't able to get a good picture of the living room curtains head-on, so instead I am showing you the large living room area from both angles (and you will see a small portion of the curtains in each picture).  Below is the official living room, complete with television and fireplace.  As you might suspect, we spend the majority of our time in this area of the home.


Here is a shot of the other side of the living room area.  In addition to a bookcase and art arrangement, we have also placed Lola's crate in this corner of the room.  She still isn't thrilled about her crate (more on that in a Lola post to come), but we are trying to be patient and hope it improves...

As you can (barely) see in both pictures, the living room curtains are green with a small, paisley pattern on them.  I tried to coordinate the curtains with the other art, etc. in the room.  In the coming weeks, I also hope to replace the small, decorative pillows on the couches.  I have never been a huge fan of their design, but with the new curtains, I really think we need to put coordinating pillows in their place.


Finally, this is the guest bedroom.  When we moved into the home last week, these white curtains were located in the main living room area.  I immediately thought that they would go nicely in the mandala-themed guest bedroom.  And I was right, because I actually love the way this room turned out!


Before I head out to enjoy this beautiful Sunday, I thought you might like to see an updated picture of our little "trouble" girl, Lola.  When she isn't bursting with energy, racing around the yard and eating grass/leaves/sticks/etc., she can usually be found passed out in her bed (or in this case, her Daddy's arms)!


Being a puppy is tough work I tell ya!

Up next - BBQ 1/2 Chicken and Cauliflower Pizza.  You won't want to miss this, I promise!

Question of the Day:

What is the most recent weekend project that you have done?!

Blessings,
Ally and Bo

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get my garden ready for spring planting. Love the pictures. Your house looks warm and inviting. Love the fireplace and guest bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need help with flowers/landscaping! Maybe you can help me find a few flowers to plant, and a hanging pot or two to mount by the front door?!

    ReplyDelete