October 18, 2011

Elvis' Favorite Milkshake

Bo and I have completely opposite eating schedules.  I wake up ravished!  Literally, my stomach is like a hungry monster in the morning, and if I don't give it some food within about 30 minutes of rolling out of bed it gets to growling quickly!  Bo, on the other hand, would be satisfied to wait several hours before eating after waking up.  I can't imagine...

The same opposite hunger schedule is also true for us at night.  Bo and I both like to eat dinner around 5:30-6:00, and then have a little snack later on.  I usually grab a little something around 7:00-7:30.  Bo's hungry monster, however, has only just started to wake up at that hour.  By 8:00 p.m., even with a hearty dinner behind us, Bo is always starving!

Enter last night's scene:

Bo:  Do we have any ice cream?
Ally:  No....
Bo: (insert sad face)
Ally:...but I can make you something!!!
Bo:  What are you going to make me?
Ally:  Something yummy!  Give me a minute!

So here is what I came up with!

Elvis' Favorite Milkshake
Serves 1 hungry husband
  • 1 very ripe, frozen banana
  • 1-2 T peanut butter
  • 1 T unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2-1 T brown sugar
  • handful dark chocolate chips
  • 1 C milk
  • 2-3 ice cubes
Some of you might not know about my uncanny connection to Elvis.  My birthday (January 8th) is actually Elvis' birthday!  Ironically, or perhaps creepily, my mother's birthday (August 16th) is on the day Elvis died.  Weird, huh?  I guess we are cosmically linked to Elvis somehow.  Maybe that explains my intense love of all things with peanut butter and banana (also known as Elvis' favorite sandwich combination).

Any-whoo!  Here is the final, delicious product:



Doesn't it just look delicious?!  I added a few unblended chocolate chips on top for garnish.  Bo slurped it right down and made a specific note of telling me that it was "blog-worthy"!  Thanks, love!


Wouldn't you just love to dig right into this glass of chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-heaven?  Too bad we only had one frozen banana, otherwise I might have had to make one for myself.  But not to worry, I bought six more ripe bananas today, so this milkshake will definitely be in my not-so-distant future!

In other news, we bought new sheets a few days ago!  Our old sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable, so we bit the bullet and bought some new egyptian cotton sheets from Ross.  Although they weren't the exact color we were looking for, the price was right so we decided to go with it.   Bo said he is comfortable enough with his masculinity to sleep in pistachio colored sheets! :)



I must say, the sheets do complement the mandala artwork

Up next - a healthy (but more importantly, yummy!) ice cream recipe!

Question of the Day:

Which do you prefer: peanut butter and banana vs. peanut butter and jelly?

 Blessings,
Ally and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment